Art Journaling, Quilting, and Whatever else Strikes my Fancy

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Paint it Book

I have done something rather unthinkable, at least to me.  For as long as I can remember I've been book nerd, cherishing a good read, and loving the thrill of finding a great new book. However, with my new found hobby of art journaling I have been viewing other art journaler's work and some have created really cool pages in books.

When I first discovered this I was horrified.  How on earth could someone do art journaling in something as sacred as a book, but the more the pages I viewed that had used book pages, the more enthralled with the idea I became.

So last Sunday, rummaging around my closest I came across a book that I received as a white elephant gift about cat care.  I do not own a cat and don't plan to any time soon.  So I thought perhaps this may be the book that I tried art journaling with book pages.

I took a deep breath a dove in.  Unfortunately, I used paint that was a little too dark to actually see the words of the page but the idea certainly has potential, and I've decided not to be such a book snob but be more open to other backgrounds for my art journaling pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment