Art Journaling, Quilting, and Whatever else Strikes my Fancy

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Design Inspiration Through Art Journaling

Another activity I enjoy is quilting, particularly designing quilts.  As of late I've had this idea swirling around in my cranium about a new quilt design but it's still fuzzy.  I can't fully envision it.  So the other day I was playing around with some new ideas for art journaling and I thought of using my art journaling as inspiration for quilting.

My current fuzzy idea consists of having a solid back ground with different colored strips of fabric running through.  This is where my clear idea becomes hazy, so using some artist's tape I played around with what it might look like.  To be perfectly honest, when I started this page I didn't have the idea of using it to clarify my quilt design, but in the end I came to see how my art journaling could be used for this purpose.

I think it will be cool wot create fun and creative art journaling pages but then use that inspiration to jump start my ideas for potential new quilt designs.  Sort of percolating the idea that I may be able to literally wrap myself in my art journaling. 

I'm really excited to see where this leads.  I was feeling a little stuck in a rut when it comes to quilt designs but this could certainly be my new lease of quilt design creativity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment