Art Journaling, Quilting, and Whatever else Strikes my Fancy

Monday, January 17, 2011

Using Photography

I have always found photography fascinating, but I haven't had much experience.  And besides my iPhone, I don't even own a camera; however, one morning while looking through the app store I found an app call Color Splash. It allows for you to upload a picture which then is automatically turned to black and white and then using your finger you can color back in the parts you want. 

So I took a few pictures around my neighborhood and played around with them in the app. Then I thought that some of them might make a nice addition to an art journaling page.  I printed one of my favorites out and added it to a page that I had painted yellow, added a few black lines, a strip of light blue card stock, and an old used index card I painted a bright blue color.

I have started looking at other ways to use photographs.  One thing that I decide to give a whirl was painting the pictures after I printed them on photo paper, and the effect is kind of cool.  It allows a certain flexibility when using photographs.


For instance, I used a black and white sketch of a woman wearing a bra and then painted the bra a dark teal color, her hair brown, and her lips a classic red.  It was easy to do and had a cool effect.  I've started experimenting with other photos of well and am excited to see how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment