Art Journaling, Quilting, and Whatever else Strikes my Fancy

Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Experiences

At this point, my art journaling was moving right along, and I was starting to let my art just come as it pleased.  I played around with acrylics, stencils, clippings, transferring images on to tissue paper.  Here are some of the things I came up with...


This page is simply a magazine cut out with watered down red acrylic paint washed over the image and then number and letters stenciled in with a charcoal pencil.  I thought the effect was quite smashing.

This page is very similar to my first experience with gesso.  I used the same method of choosing pictures that struck my fancy and then painting over them with orange paint and gesso.  This time, however, I decided to add some black dots which I applied with a q-tip and then placed yellow tissue paper over the entire page.

This journal page was an attempt at transferring an image on to tissue paper, but one that went awry.  However, in the end it turned out rather delightful.  The middle section of the image is actually the ink that bled thought the tissue paper when I printed it.  When I removed the tissue paper and got to messing with it and mucked it all up.  So I scraped the whole thing, but noticed that the paper with the excess ink might be a great image with which to work. 

This last page is the same as the orange with gesso page but reversed.  I painted the page a purple color and then applied tissue paper.  Then on top of the tissue paper I put my cut outs and finished with a coat of a purple acrylic paint and gesso mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment