Art Journaling, Quilting, and Whatever else Strikes my Fancy

Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Playful Child Within


I know that I have been a little behind in my FJC, but I've wanted to do some thinking on the prompts.  One of these great conumdrums for me was asking me... when I grow up what did I want to be. At first, I started with a very colorful page and was going to display all the things I dreamed about as a child of what it would be like to be a grown up.

However, once I got started I found myself stuck.  I didn't know where else to go, so I left the page alone for the day and decided I would return later.  The following day, I was in Borders and happened across a book called Agate; it was a delightful story, but the watercolor pictures where absolutely exquiste.  So when I got home I decided to miminic a lion that I had seen in the book.  Mine turned out significantly different but I loved it none the less.

When I had finished I realized that I had just completed the prompt for the day before that had so eluded me. When I grow up, I want to still possess my inner playful child.  It was perfect in its simplicity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment