Art Journaling, Quilting, and Whatever else Strikes my Fancy

Friday, April 1, 2011

Worried Journaling

A few months ago, I started this blog and was really religious about putting things up on a regular basis.  However, it turned my art journaling into this stressful thing that I had to accomplish.  I was worried about the possibility of people not liking my art.  This was always in the back of my mind when attempting to do any journaling, so naturally in my mind nothing came out like it was suppose to.  This resulted in me abandoning my journaling entirely for a good month or so.

But just recently I sat down and told myself that I would just journal.  I would make no promises that the page was going to be posted or shared with anyone.  And I was so happy with the results, in fact so much so, that I would be more than happy to share it with others.  It wasn't until I told myself that I didn't have to that I felt free to try new things and just play with my materials.

So far I have had pretty good success with my pages, I just need to keep in mind that not everything I do has to be shared.  And even of the stuff I do share doesn't require a really long blog posting to go with it.  This was another issue I had.  I felt that everything I posted needed to have a lengthy written post to go with it.  I'm not sure where I got these ideas, but I hope to get out of my blogging and journaling rut by thinking more outside the box.

Journaling should not be stressful or intimidating, in fact, it should be exactly the opposite.  So I will continue to blog, maybe even in a more consistent way, but I will be careful to let my creative self be my guide not the inner critic who is worried about what others think when reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment