Art Journaling, Quilting, and Whatever else Strikes my Fancy

Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Letter to Divine Places

The last few days I have been busy rock climbing, going to book club, and playing a seriously cool game of Dungeons and Dragons.  I told you I was a nerd; however, I was able to find a little of time to do some art journaling with the prompts given out for the February Journal Challenge.

The first prompt was places that one would like to visit.  Personally, I would love to visit many places but if I had unlimited possibilities I would like to visit Europe during the Victorian era spending most of the "vacation" in England.

The second prompt was divinity.  I decided after much thought to go un-religious and focus on items that I find heavenly such as wine, art, music, colors, plants, and love.  It was a great warm and fuzzy exercise.

The third prompt was a letter. I just purchased these great stamps which are stamps of post cards and writing.  I then did a little writing of my own.  I was going to go a little more wild, but I liked the stamps so much I didn't want to cover them up, so I left the page as is.

2 comments:

  1. Cool entries. But I especially love the Victorian travel places entry. So gorgeous, and very imaginative :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Places: I live in a city with 3 rivers, so whan I first saw your picture, I instantly had to think on high water marks! *g* But then I took a closer look and experienced all your wonderful details. Love the play of colors and the golden shape of Europe! :-)

    @Divinity & A letter: Give me a really warm feeling! :-) You like Paris, don't you?

    ReplyDelete